Is that tiny twinge in my uterus area a sign that my embryo is implanting? Are my boobs feeling a bit sore? Are those weird dreams I’ve been having about serial killers an early pregnancy symptom?
The answer is yes.
All of these things are side effects of the mega-dose progesterone I’m on. I did a quick Google search (of course) and came up with this:
- mild nausea, diarrhea, bloating, stomach cramps (also common in very early pregnancy)
- dizziness, spinning sensation (yep those too)
- hot flashes (sounds about right)
- mild headache (deffo)
- joint pain (not so much)
- breast pain or tenderness (yes, mainly from crazed searching for breast pain or tenderness)
- acne or increased hair growth (yuck, not yet)
I’ve decided that there is no such thing as early pregnancy symptoms, only progesterone symptoms. Those uterus twinges aren’t fooling me! Well, maybe a little bit. Stop trying to fool me, uterus.